5 Tips to Navigating the Holidays



Tis the season of sweets everywhere! I know it can be tough to stick to healthy eating when there is delicious not-so-healthy food tempting us everywhere that we go. Navigating holiday parties for healthy options can be challenging. Here are a few of the simple tips that I use:

1. Follow an 80/20 approach.

Letting go of perfection is the key to finding balance with healthy eating at any time of year. I think that knowing it’s okay to indulge a little. By little, I mean 20% of the time. The other 80% of the time, do your best to eat as healthy as possible. Then when you do indulge you can let go of the guilt and enjoy the treat.


2. Offer to bring a healthy side dish or dessert for your holiday party.

I practice this every time I’m invited to someone’s house for dinner. This way you know for sure that you will have a healthy option available and that you can eat guilt-free. I suggest a delicious salad such as Roasted Root Vegetable Salad or Kale Salad with Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.

3. Eat before you go.

Having a healthy meal or snack before you head to a holiday party can help limit the temptation to eat if you already have a full stomach. These Apple Spice Muffins would make a great pre-party snack.

4. Choose your drink wisely.

Limiting your alcohol consumption is beneficial as alcohol can be counterproductive to your goals. Inhibitions around the dessert table can be lessened a few adult beverages in as well. I suggest skipping sugary drinks. Sticking with hard liquors is best when it comes to alcohol. Straight up (cheers), on the rocks or mixed with soda water. Having a glass of water in between alcoholic drinks can help keep you hydrated and feeling better the next morning.

5. Keep your exercise routine.

Working out before you go to a holiday party will help to motivate you to choose healthy options.



What to do next...

  1. Any questions? Leave me a comment below.

  2. Get access to our FREE Library stacked with healthy & delicious recipes, meal plans, challenges, on-demand trainings, e-guides and life-changing workbooks! Click here for access!

  3. Come join me in the Nurtured Tribe Facebook Group and get access to exclusive content and trainings. Let's keep in touch!

  4. Need more support? Book your FREE Healthy & Joyful Strategy call today!



LET'S KEEP IN TOUCH!

SEARCH FOR IT!

  • Facebook
  • Google Play
  • Instagram
  • iTunes
  • LinkedIn
  • Pinterest
  • RSS
  • Spotify
  • TikTok
  • Twitter
  • YouTube
best nutritionists in Calgary

© 2020 by Jenna Lessner

Calgary, Alberta

  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon
  • iTunes
  • Pinterest
  • Twitter
  • YouTube